2013年8月22日星期四

【商務英語】Lesson 028 - The Businessman's socks

MP3免費下載

  禮儀美語028講

  陳豪正正在北京的ABC好國公司事件。他上班旁邊栖息,跟好國同事Amy一路下樓喝茶。

  (Office ambience)

  C:Amy, 你坤嗎老看我的足啊?

  A:I'm sorry. I just couldn't help noticing that you aren't wearing socks today.

  C:天兒太熱了,不穿襪子借涼爽點兒。

  A:Personally, that might be all right, but professionally that's a bad decision.

  C:為甚麼?我睹過很多人上班皆不穿襪子的。

  A:However, at ABC Company, professional dress is important for our corporate image.

  C:我上班穿西裝,打領帶,這還不够嗎?


 

  A:No,英譯中. Would you consider not wearing a shirt with your coat and tie,翻譯?

  C:我诚然不會光著膀子穿西拆打發帶了。

  A:Then you shouldn't consider wearing your shoes without socks. If your boss Mr. Jones sees you, he will not be pleased.

  C:那可壞了。我可我沒帶襪子。這怎樣辦呀?

  A:Avoid Mr. Jones at all cost. Then buy some socks when you go out for lunch today. There's a department store right around the corner.

  C:你讲得對,我得先躲著點兒老板,午時用飯的時辰趕快往商舖買襪子穿上。I will see you later.

  ******

  MC:午饭後,陳豪找到Amy.

  A:Chen Hao, did you find any socks?

  C:我正籌備穿上呢!天兒熱,所以我購了兩單白襪子,起码比深颜色的襪子涼爽里女。

  A:Oh dear.

  C:怎麼了?

  A:White socks are inappropriate for corporate dress. They are more for athletic wear and outdoor attire.

  C:啊?白襪子是跑步打毬穿的,不是上班穿的。怎樣這麼多講供呀!倖虧我還買了一雙深色的。傚勞員初終揹我傾銷下腰兒的,即是能夠推到小腿肚兒上往的那一種。我觉得太熱,沒買。

  A:Oh dear.

  C:又怎麼了?

  A:You should have listened to the salesman. Short socks just won't do in the business environment.

  C:那為何?

  A:It's because when you sit down and cross your legs in short socks, you expose everyone around you to the sight of your hairy legs.

  C:Amy, 我素來出唸到穿襪子还有那麼多講求。

  A:Your business attire is extremely important "right down to your socks".

  C:這麼說,我穿成什麼樣兒也會影響到公司形象了。看來我下班還得再来買襪子,Amy,你伴我來吧,完了事兒我請你吃飯。

  A:Thank you. I'll look forward to that.

  C:Amy,您能不能再告诉我一下上班要穿什麼樣的襪子。如許我旧道熱腸裏便罕见了。

  A:Avoid white socks and short socks,韓中翻譯. The right sock in business is the one that covers your calf and matches your shoes and pants.

没有评论:

发表评论